WeTest.io. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and use the personal data described below in order to provide you with access to our Site in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data:
- For our legitimate business needs.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we process your personal data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
Data we might collect from you
Data we might collect from you
- contact information such as your name, email address, and phone number;
- live video and voice recordings captured for web camera-enabled exams;
- live video and screenshot recordings of the screen, mouse movements, and details of the resources that you access shortly before and during an exam;
- technical information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, screen resolution, flash version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, browser access, operating system, platform, and traffic data, cookies data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- Any other information you provide to us including any personal data regarding another individual that you provide in the course of using the services.
If you are a Customer we may also collect the:
- Registration information: When you register for an account, we collect your first and last name, username, password, and email address.
- Billing information: If you make a payment to WeTest, we require you to provide your billing details, a name, address, email address, and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number).
- Account settings: You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page.
If you supply us with personal data about other people (for example if you are a representative from a Customer providing information about the Participant, you represent that you have the authority to provide this information on their behalf, that they have provided informed consent to such disclosure and you should direct them to this privacy notice.
How do we use the collected data?
We will collect, process, and store the personal data we have collected for creating and updating:
- Information about your organization (User profile & Billing information)
- User accounts (Customers/Participants)
- Question Bank
- Tests (i.e. Exams)
- Tasks (Welcome pages, instructions, etc.)
- Information about Participants (students, candidates, employees, etc.)
- E-mail templates
- Answers that were given during the examinations
The personal data collected will be further processed for:
- Proctoring media materials collected during the exams
- enable you to access and use the Website, when signing up and during subsequent visits;
- to prevent you from navigating away from the test window while an exam is ongoing;
- contact you when necessary and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- provide technical assistance, troubleshoot problems, detect and protect against errors;
- market products and services to you provided that, where required, we have obtained your consent to do so;
- fulfill legal and regulatory requirements;
- detect and prevent fraud, suspicious activities, and other illegal activities;
- analyze and improve products and services, collect feedback, enhance the Website, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing activities and overall services;
- perform statistical analyses on users of the Website and track your use of the Website; and
- on an aggregated and anonymized basis, share the data and statistical analyses with our Customers.
Why we might use your personal data
We will process your personal data for a number of reasons:
- You have given us consent;
Processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests or those of a third party: provided this does not override any interests or rights that you have as an individual. Our legitimate interests are:
- managing our business and relationship with you or your company or organization;
- understanding and responding to inquiries and User feedback;
- understanding how our users use the Platform;
- identifying what our Users want and developing our relationship with you, your company, or organization;
- improving our Platform and offerings;
- managing our supply chain;
- developing relationships with business partners;
- sharing data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your information with others as follows:
- Customers: We share information about Subject-matter experts with (prospective) customers, to inform them about the Subject-matter expert’s background and credentials, as provided by the Subject-matter expert themselves. We will not rent or sell your information to any third parties.
- Test results: We share information about Test Takers with customers who administered tests to them; we share feedback from Test Takers and customers on tests with the Subject-matter experts who authored those tests.
- Suppliers: who support our business including IT and communication suppliers, outsourced business support, business intelligence, marketing, and advertising agencies, and backup vendors. Our suppliers have to meet standards regarding information security and they will only be provided data in line with their function.
- Legal requests and preventing harm: We may access, preserve and share your personal data in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity and to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Safety and Security
WeTest has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures by using the latest technologies to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful processing. We use safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Platform secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We request you do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
You have the right under Data Protection Law, free of charge, to request:
- Access to your personal data.
- Rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability) in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time.
How long do we keep your data?
We generally keep your information only as long as needed to provide the services on our Platform. We will retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting, or regulatory requirements. The retention period for test-taker data that is available to customers (e.g. name, email address, and test scores) is 5 years. Webcam pictures taken as an anti-cheating measure are retained for 6 months. Video recordings of test-takers answering custom questions are retained for 2 years.
Where will your information be held?
Your information will be held on encrypted database. We will take steps to protect your information in line with locally applicable data protection requirements. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information users share with us, including, but not limited to, the setup of processes, equipment, and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting personal information. We will retain your personal information in compliance with the uses described in this Notice, as well as to comply with our legal, financial reporting, or compliance obligations.
Third-party applications, websites, and services
We will send you marketing emails if you “opt-in” to receive marketing emails when registering on our Site, or if you have enquired about, or purchased any of our goods or services. Please note that if you change your mind about being sent marketing emails you can opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email from us and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
We will continue to communicate with you regarding your service billing and support via email. We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events, and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.